Privacy training is important as schools collect, store and manage a great deal of information protected under Australian Privacy Law
Dealing with personal information
Privacy breaches make headlines all the time. But while everyone thinks they know what privacy is, understanding how the laws apply to our work, clients and customers is another matter.
Salt Compliance Privacy training breaks down the privacy requirements into language that learners can understand, supported by a rich visual design.
The introductory module summarises the key concepts surrounding how we handle personal information at work. Subsequent modules explore the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in more detail.
Scenarios and case studies appear throughout the modules, helping to place the training into vivid practical context.
The course contains a fresh look and feel that is intended to attract learners active engagement throughout the training, without overwhelming or distracting them from the concepts.
School is the most significant institution in the lives of the majority of children and young people. Schools collect and hold a vast array of personal information regarding children and young people
– Australian Law Reform Commission Report 2010
We keep our training up to date so that you don’t have to worry about your compliance with the latest developments.
In December 2022 the Australian Government, in response to the Optus data breach and others, passed the Privacy Legislation Amendment (Enforcement and Other Measures) Act 2022, which introduced major financial penalties for both individuals and organisations in relation to privacy breaches. Some penalties are now 20 times as large as they were before – or more.
The new law also significantly expands the Australian Information Commissioner’s powers.
Our training reflects this new legislation.
Who should do this training?
This training is designed for staff at any level within a school that come in contact with private information or could be at risk of breaching Australian privacy laws.
- Module 1: Introducing privacy
- Module 2: Management and collection
- Module 3: Use or disclosure
- Module 4: Storage, access and correction
Do you have a policy or process, or some subject-matter expertise that you would like to add to this course?
Talk to us about ways we can quickly tailor the course to suit your needs.
For more information on other GRC Solutions' Privacy for Schools – Australia Resources:
- Privacy – Covering the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles
- Health Privacy – Health businesses collect and maintain sensitive personal information
Australia – Financial Services
- Financial Services Privacy Training – covering the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles
- Credit Reporting – covering the Credit Reporting Act
- Privacy – New Zealand – covering privacy in New Zealand under the 2020 updates to the law
- General Data Protection Regulation – covering the GDPR – which has global implications
- Data Protection Singapore – covering the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and also the implications of the GDPR
- Data Protection Malaysia – covering the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and also the implications of the GDPR