GRC Solutions is a recognised leader in the online compliance training market. A combination of sophisticated technology and expert content, our company is one Australia’s key Regulatory Technology (RegTech) businesses.
GRC Solutions has offices across Australia, and in Singapore and New York to support an expanding number of clients around the world. The firm’s strategic focus and operating practices are underpinned by a set of core values and beliefs that the business must always:
- care about clients – and creating value for them
- create an environment which encourages staff to thrive and achieve their potential
- deliver strong, profitable business growth and financial stability
The Commercial Manager role has been created to support the next phase in the evolution of the business. This is a broad role providing commercial leadership in all aspects of the business. You will work closely with the CEO, Operations Manager, the management team and key stakeholders to help deliver, manage and report profitable growth as the business enters a rapid scale-up period.
Key Responsibilities & Focus
- Strategic planning – working with the management team.
- Growth alternatives evaluation
- Business structure and resourcing
Planning and Reporting
- Budgets, financial plans and forecast models
- Manage financial reporting framework and oversee financial reporting to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial reporting
- Board reporting and presentations
- Annual statutory reporting requirements
- Sourcing, preparation and management of R&D and EMDG and other grant applications
- Management of vendor onboarding.
- Assisting with client tenders and job costing.
- Manage finance and accounting functions.
- Managing external accountants, auditors and advisors.
- Cashflow management
- Implementation of procedures and policies
- IT improvements – system analysis & implementation
Compliance and Risk
- Preparation for and management of audit process
- Taxation compliance management
- ASIC and statutory compliance
- Risk management and internal control implementation
The ideal individual for this role will have a mix of the skills, knowledge and attributes listed below. A close fit with the GRC Solutions culture and alignment with the business values, beliefs and style of working will be fundamental to success in the role.
Core Skills and Knowledge
- 5-7 years commercial accounting, finance or operational experience
- Ideally CPA/CA qualified
- Are comfortable working in agile environment of a start-up / scale-up and with limited resources and at a fast, demanding pace
- Self-starter who is able to work unsupervised and prioritises work accordingly
- Strong financial analysis, with advanced excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines
- Communication and relationship skills both verbal and written up to MD level
- Influencing and conflict management with strong communications skills
- Sound business acumen: a ‘commercial’ finance person seeking a new, broader, challenge.
- Experience with developing systems, processes and procedures across accounting and finance requirements in a smaller, rapid growth business where lack of resources is the norm and where experience can help prioritise tasks such that turnaround times are short without compromising quality
- Strong attention to detail with a natural concern for quality and standards
- Strong drive to accomplish results, setting goals and executing to deadlines
- An energetic and positive spirit, taking pride in achievements, and straightforwardness in dealing with others in a direct and constructive manner
- Eye for detail, and ability to develop a clear understanding of existing business processes to ensure smooth commercial operations
- Able to spot and rectify errors quickly and efficiently
- Willingness and ability to undertake detailed tasks personally to completion
- Numerate, accurate and quick with finance management activities
- Keen to pitch in and assist the team even when it’s outside the job description.
- Planned and organised individual, who follows through and gets things done while appreciating the need for flexibility and responsiveness
- Able to develop rapport with a wide range of people, through honest, direct and affable communication skills
- Skilled at listening, accepting feedback, discussing issues and resolving concerns
- Skilled at identifying client, business, colleague and supplier needs and negotiating win-win commercial outcomes which satisfy those needs
- Able to convene and facilitate business decision making, and ensure that decisions are implemented and followed through to achieve agreed outcomes
- Regarded as an approachable, collaborative leader who can build and engender teamwork, responsibility and commitment in staff members and leadership colleagues
Collaborative Working Style
- Able to build open, trusting, collaborative relationships with colleagues through listening, sharing knowledge and information, respecting individual views and contributions
- Ability to manage a business in partnership with a senior leadership team
- Low need for status and positional power
- Able to manage stakeholders, develop shared understanding and gain agreement and commitment to action through discussion.
Quick and Willing Learner
- A self-aware individual who understands their current capabilities, knowledge and style of operating along with where further learning/development is required
- Seeks out and openly accepts feedback, guidance, advice and coaching from colleagues
- Smart, perceptive, quick thinker who develops a clear and deep understanding of clients, suppliers and colleagues needs and situations quickly
- Self-motivated learner, who is willing to experiment, take risks and continuously extend and refine their capability, working style and knowledge
- Skilled at addressing client or supplier concerns and resolving issues with a commercial focus
- Able to make tough commercial and business leadership decisions when necessary and explain/stand by the rationale and need for such decisions with staff and colleagues
How to apply:
If this sounds like you – we’d love to hear from you!
Please note – All applicants must already have the right to work in Australia
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
For further information visit our website: https://grcsolutions.com.au